Salt Art Paperweights
1 cup table salt
various pieces of colored chalk
2 empty baby food jars and lids
- Divide the salt into separate small ziplock bags.
- Place one piece of colored chalk in each bag with the salt.
- Close the bags and rub the salt and chalk together by hand until the salt is completely colored.
- Remove leftover pieces of chalk from the bags.
- Pour salt in any pattern or order, alternating colors, into the baby food jars.
- Fill jars completely full so the salt will not shift.
- Create patterns along the inside of the jar by sticking a toothpick into the layers of colored salt.
- Put a thin line of hot glue along inside of jars and screw lids tightly onto jars.
- Turn upside down to use as paperweight.
- Optional - paint the baby food jar lid or cover with thin fabric.