Potato Soup with Sausage
1 pound pork sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 cup sliced celery
½ cup chopped
2 tablespoons flour
1 can chicken broth
½ cup water
4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced, about 4 cups
1 cup milk
- Brown sausage over medium heat.
- Remove sausage and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute celery, onion, thyme, and salt until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour, cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add broth and water, sitr until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Place potatoes and sausage in a large enough kettle.
- Add broth mixture.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Allow soup to cool.
- Puree 2 cups of soup in blender or food processsor; return to kettle.
- Add milk and sausage; heat through.