1 pound sausage
1½ cup sliced mushrooms
¼ cup chopped green
¼ cup chopped sweet
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup half-and-half cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
dash ground nutmeg
1 9-inch pie shell, baked
- Cook sausage, onion, mushrooms, and green pepper together.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat eggs and cream into the cream cheese.
- Stir in the cheeses, salt, pepper, nutmeg and the sausage mixture.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Bake at 350° F uncovered
for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.