Michigan Beans and Sausage
1 pound fully cooked Polish sausage, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup ketchup
¾ cups brown
½ cups sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
3 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a saucepan, cook sausage and onions in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses and mustard.
- Stir in beans and sausage/onion mixture.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours.