Rabbit and Dumpling Stew
1 bay leaf
2 carrots, sliced into ½-inch pieces
2 large onions, cut up
pinch of basil
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, cover rabbit pieces with water
- Add salt, pepper, and a bay leaf
- Cook until tender, remove from broth.
- Remove bay leaf.
- When meat is cool enough to handle, remove from bones.
- If needed, strain broth.
- Slightly shred the meat and add to the broth.
- Add onions, carrots, basil, and parsley.
- Cook 45 minutes.
- Drop Country Dumplings into boiling stew and cook until they're done.