- Wash, peel, and core apples.
- Slice into doughnut-type slices, ¼-inch thick. Or slice into any shape if they're too small.
- Let the slices fall into cold water (add ¼ cup lemon juice to 2 cups cold water) to prevent browning.
- Oven-drying: Lay slices on a cookie sheet in a single
layer with sides not touching.
- Dry in a 140° F
oven, turning slices periodically.
- Dehydrator: Lay slices in a single layer on trays
with sides not touching. Start your dehydrator. Dry, turning slices and rotating trays periodically.