Grilled Eggplant Steaks
1 large eggplant
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon tamari
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tomato juice
- Remove stem end from eggplant.
- Slice lengthwise into 4 equal slabs.
- Trim peel off each slab.
- Mix garlic, oregano, tamari, lemon juice, and tomato juice.
- Poke a few shallow holes in each steak with a fork.
- Drizzle on the marinade.
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes over slow coals, turning and basting frequently.
- Place a slice of tomato on each steak.
- Drizzle on more marinade.
- Close lid on grill for a few minutes.