Swedish Cabbage Rolls
submitted by Sheila in Kentucky
12 large cabbage leaves
1 cup cooked rice
¼ cup chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 pound ground beef
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 beaten egg
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Place cabbage leaves in large kettle of boiling water for about 3 minutes;
- Combine egg, milk, onion, salt, pepper, beef and cooked rice.
- Place ¼ cup meat mixture in center of each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Combine tomato sauce with brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over rolls and cook on low 7 to 8 hours.