¼ cup hot water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 package active dry yeast
8 chicken bouillon cubes
1½ cup tomato juice
2 cups flour, divided
2 cups wheat germ
1½ cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a large bowl, place hot water.
- Add sugar and yeast and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Crush chicken bouillon cubes with a fork and stir crushed bouillon into
- Add tomato juice, 1 cup flour and wheat germ and stir until a smooth batter
- Add remaining 1 cup flour and whole wheat flour and stir until dough is
stiff and very dry.
- Continue to mix by hand.
- Turn half of the dough out onto a lightly floured flat surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough to about ¼-inch thickness.
- If dough is too sticky, add additional flour.
- Using cookie cutters or a knife, cut biscuits into desired shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and let biscuits dry and harden in oven for about 4 hours.
- Remove cooled biscuits from oven and give them as a treat to your favorite