4 to 5 egg shells
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon very hot water
- Wash and dry egg shells completely.
- Place clean and dry egg shells in a small bowl and grind into a fine dust.
- When egg shells are almost completely ground, discard any larger pieces.
- In a separate bowl, place flour and hot water.
- Mix well and add 1 tablespoon of the egg shell powder, stirring until a paste forms.
- If desired, add drops of any color food coloring and continue to mix.
- Remove mixture from bowl and shape into a log or chalk stick form.
- Wrap mixture tightly with a strip of paper towel.
- Set aside chalk piece and let dry for about 3 days, until hardened.
- Carefully unwrap paper towel to reveal your homemade chalk.
- Use on sidewalks.
- Makes one chalk stick.