Lemon Blueberry Bread
1 ¼ cup sugar, divided
½ cup butter, softened,
2 ⅓ cups flour, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, divided
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine ¾ cup sugar,
milk, ¼ cup butter and egg, mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well and add to sugar mixture.
- Fold in blueberries and 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel.
- Pour mixture into a greased 5 x 9-inch loaf pan.
- Topping: combine remaining sugar, flour, butter, lemon peel and the
- Mix well and sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake 50 minutes until topping is golden brown and crusty.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf.