a few hunter friends who bring us venison. Over the years, I have developed some very good ways to prepare delicious
venison, and this sandwich is just one of many.
Deli-Style Venison Sandwiches
2 pounds venison roast
Mashed potatoes, prepared
2 - 3 packs brown gravy mix
Salt and Pepper
- Cook meat in salted boiling water until very tender.
- Remove from broth and let cool.
- Pull meat apart with fingers, slightly shredding it.
- Place a slice of bread on each plate, cover generously with meat, top with
another slice of bread.
- Dip a helping of hot mashed potatoes in center of sandwich.
- Pour gravy over top of all.
- Salt and papper to taste.