Two great tips for grilling good steak are: 1) start with the right steak; prime is best, and 2) have a blazing
hot fire and no cover if you want your steak crisp and slightly charred on the outside and rare inside.
American-Style Steak On The Grill
2 8-ounce steaks, 1-inch thick
Salt and Pepper
- Wash steaks.
- Dry with paper towels.
- Grill without turning for 3 minutes.
- Turn; grill 3 minutes on other side.
- Steaks will be rare to medium-rare.
- To get them more done, move them away from the most intense heat and grill a minute or two longer per side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve.